Boring title - interesting info:
- The absence of a brick-and-mortar store is becoming prevalent among retailers — 41 percent of survey respondents don’t have a physical store. [my note: survey was 101 retailers surveyed in November 2007]
- The website is the most consistently used direct marketing channel, followed by email and direct mail.
- Mobile is the direct marketing channel retailers are least likely to use.
- Among the survey respondents, 66 percent gather customer information from direct mail, and 65 percent gather it from the Internet.
- Discounts remain the most popular loyalty program, with 80 percent of respondents using them.