Citing an Accenture report, the post says
- 67 percent of survey respondents prefer to make purchases in physical stores
- 69 percent research product features online
- 68 percent compare prices online.
- 58 percent said they locate items online before going to a store to purchase
- Only 13 percent said the Internet plays no part in their offline shopping
The post also says, "The Kelsey Group research indicates that with purchases over $500, where the Internet is the starting point, over 90 percent of the transactions finish offline. comScore meanwhile reported last year that 63 percent of search related purchases happen offline; and The U.S. Census Bureau reports that e-commerce represents only 2.5 percent of U.S. retail spending."